Containing hazardous, toxic spills is more propitious than trying to clean spilled hazmats off the ground. With a reliable secondary spill containment solution, storing liquids and hydrocarbons offer a high level of convenience without having to fret about spillage. These versatile solutions come in compact sizes for convenient storage under challenging locations. Today’s article focuses on the ease of use and convenience of spill containment berms. However, before deep-diving into the several ways portable spill containment berms extends its convenience, let’s first understand the basics.
What is a Spill Containment Berm?
Spill containment berms are a secure and affordable solution to contain liquid, oil, and hydrocarbon spills within a barrier or drainage system. This convenient option for secondary containment helps to avoid the spill from being absorbed in the surface or get accumulated in the water, which can cause severe environmental damage.
These spill containment berms are used to ensure that any fluid-containing storage spaces such as mobile fuel trucks or fuel tanks aren’t prone to hazardous fuel leaks.
What is a Portable Spill Containment Berm?
There are various spill containment berms that are versatile and specially customized to allow portability. These portable spill berms are perfect for construction sites and vehicle maintenance, among others.
For any remote operation in places like a construction site, that entails traveling, a trustworthy secondary containment system is imperative. Portable spill and fuel containment berms contain large volumes of liquid, avoiding spillage, thus rendering secure, fuss-free options for administrative compliance.
Note: The physical properties of portable spill berms may change with susceptibility to specific environmental conditions such as temperature, humidity, and UV radiation. These robust spill berms have PVC coated fabric because they yield broad UV and chemical resistance
Here’s a portable spill berm for a convenient containment solution by Basic Concepts.
Image Source: basicconcepts.com
At certain times, some spills may be almost unavoidable. They may originate from a piece of broken machinery or greasy receptacles, or something else which can accumulate over time into a potentially unsafe amount, for both the worksite and the environment. Portable spill containment berms are specially designed as an efficient and versatile spillage solution to avoid the afore-mentioned unforeseeable situations at all costs. These portable berms are highly convenient, proving ideal portable spill containment solutions for hazmat decontamination operations, oil leaks, and spillage. Navigate through the various ways a portable spill containment berm propounds substantial convenience.
- Easy Portability: Portable spill containment berms are compact and easy to fold; hence super convenient to transport. Furthermore, they can be effortlessly stowed, thus occupying very little space. Therefore using this flexible secondary oil containment solution helps in capturing hazardous oil leaks.
- Fast & Clean Installation: These spill containment berms owing to their flexible and user-friendly design can be easily and quickly set up, thus presenting quick deployment option during emergency conditions
- Compact & Light-Weight: The compact and light-weight features offered by these super flexible berms ensure that transporting them in vehicles is not challenging. Portable spill berms’ compact construction makes them ideal for easy stowing during commuting, and even during operations involving hazmat decontamination. Additionally, their structure offers durability making them capable of withstanding any entrenched industrial and construction applications.
- Customizable: They come in various custom sizes to suit any application with ease. These pliant, portable spill berms are developed and specially engineered to meet customer-specific requirements, sizes along with standard safety regulations. A few customized portable spill berms offered by the Basic Concepts have been elucidated later in this article.
Get a portable spill berm of various customizable sizes and styles, developed for various industrial spill containment needs. Image Source: canva.com
- SPCC and EPA Approved- Portable spill berms are specially tailored with suggested engineering practices to sustain and store toxic fluids while meeting the SPCC and EPA mandates. This ensures full compliance and authority to implement the containment plan
- Hassle-free: No assembly or brackets are required while setting up a portable spill berm. They have a simple open and operate technique, which makes them a hassle-free option for secondary containment solutions across industries
- Robustness- These spill berms are durable and resilient, and can fit tightly against walls. The sturdy walls of these berms with stainless steel braces provide strong structural integrity. They can contain any leakage and thus avoid environmental as well as workplace contamination because of their robust nature
- Versatility- These portable spill berms are compact, light-weight, resilient, and can efficiently capture any potential spills or drips with a quick and convenient deployment
Fact: If you have any greasy jobs to do, these can make your cleanup considerably easier by avoiding its occurrence altogether, while keeping your environment safe
- High-end Design- They have a non-porous design with collapsible reinforced polymer walls that can be efficiently returned to the initial shape
Knowing the various ways portable spill containment berms extend convenience for several industrial uses, let’s get acquainted with the different types of portable spill berms from Basic Concepts available in the market.
- Rigid-Lock QuickBerm® Lite- This patented, portable containment berm gets quickly and easily deployed for emergency spill response
- Decon QuickBerm®- A single Decon QuickBerm handles multiple operations, including washdown and decontamination of personel and equipment
Here is a concise table including the various configurations in which these portable spill berms are available at BCI
|Portable Spill Berms||Dimension|
|Rigid-Lock QuickBerm® Lite||4 ft x 4 ft x 8 in|
|Rigid-Lock QuickBerm® Lite||4 ft x 6 ft x 8 in|
|Rigid-Lock QuickBerm® Lite||4 ft x 8 ft x 8 in|
|Rigid-Lock QuickBerm® Lite||8 ft x 8 ft x 8 in|
|Rigid-Lock QuickBerm® Lite||8 ft x 10 ft x 8 in|
|Decon QuickBerm®||6 ft x 10 ft x 8 in (2 zone)|
|Decon QuickBerm®||6 ft x 16 ft x 8 in (2 zone)|
|Decon QuickBerm®||6 ft x 20 ft x 8 in (4 zone)|
|Battery Maintenance Spill Pads||2 ft x 2 ft x 2 inches (Smallest Size)|
|Battery Maintenance Spill Pads||10 ft x 10 ft x 4 inches (Largest Size)|
|Pop Up Pools||20 Gal|
|Pop Up Pools||66 Gal|
|Pop Up Pools||100 Gal|
|Pop Up Pools||150 Gal|
|Drip Berms||16 in x 24 in|
|Drip Berms||22 in x 22 in with chock block|
|Drip Berms||24 in x 36 in weighted|