Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), also called as extracorporeal life support (ECLS), is an extracorporeal method of supplying extended cardiac and respiratory support to persons whose heart and lungs are working in an inadequate manner to supply less amount of gas exchange or perfusion for healthy life. The technology for ECMO is mainly derived from cardiopulmonary bypass, which offers shorter-term support.
The Global Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Machine Market accounted to USD 250.5 million in 2016 growing at a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2024. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015, the base year of calculation is 2016 and the forecast period is 2017 to 2024.
Major Market Competitors:
- Getinge Group
- Livanova PLC
- Terumo Corporation
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA
- Microport Scientific Corporation
- Nipro Corporation
- ALung Technologies, Inc.
- OriGen Biomedical
- Sorin Group
- MAQUET Holding B. V. & Co. KG
- Siemens AG
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Agilent Technologies among others.
Major market drivers and restraints:
- Technical Advancements in ECMO Machine
- Difficulties Associated With ECMO
- Higher Cost of ECMO Procedures
- Growing Survival Rates With ECMO
- Absence of Skilled Professionals
By modality the extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine market is segmented into
- venovenous ECMO
- venoarterial ECMO
- arteriovenous ECMO
By product the extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine market is segmented into
- cardiac applications
- respiratory applications
- extracorporeal cardiopulmonary resuscitation
On the basis of end-users the extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine market is segmented into
- home care settings
- ambulatory centers and others.
On the basis of geography, global extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as
- North America
- South America
- Middle East
Some of the major countries covered in this report are
- US., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others. In 2017, North America is expected to dominate the market.
The global extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine market is highly fragmented and is based on new product launches and clinical results of products. Hence the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, clinical trials, market initiatives, high expense on research and development, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.