Global Biodegradable Packaging Market, By Test Type, Service Provider, and Geography – Trends, Analysis and Forecast till 2024 Report presents the worldwide Biodegradable Packaging Market analysis with in depth study of manufacturers, region, type and application and its future scope in the industry till 2025.
As the name suggests, biodegradable packaging involves use of bio-based materials for packaging. These materials are mainly derived from renewable sources and are mostly bio-based polymers that are categorized into three types based on their source and production. The first category of polymers is directly extracted from biomass such as starch and cellulose. The second category comprises polymers that are produced by classical chemical synthesis using renewable bio-based monomers such as polylactic acid (PLA) and other polyesters.
Get Free Sample Brochure (PDF) of the Report at: https://decisionmarketreports.com/request-sample?productID=981705
The third category comprises polymers that are produced by microorganisms and genetically modified bacteria such as polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA), bacterial cellulose and others. Biodegradable packaging plays a vital role in the packaging industry due to its ever increasing consumer awareness and importance of using eco-friendly products. Also, biodegradable packaging degrades easily and quickly and also does not require the help of an external catalyst for degradation. Starch and polylactic acid (PLA) are the most widely used biodegradable plastic materials for packaging in various end-use industry. Food and beverages end-use industry is the largest consumer of these materials and the trend is expected to largely remain the same through 2025.
There are lot of environmental problems on the use of conventional packaging materials. The use of conventional packaging materials contributes towards global warming, air pollution, water pollution, and is also responsible for various health issues when used for food and beverage packaging. Owing to this, the regions such as North America, Europe are banning the use of conventional plastics for their use in food, beverages, and medical packaging. There are lot of government regulations being legislated in the various countries of Europe to ban use of conventional plastic materials. Moreover, in India, the state government of Delhi is increasingly pushing for a complete ban on the production and use of non-biodegradable plastic bags nationwide.
According to the stats provided by Coherent Market Insights, in 2016, the food end-use industry segment was the largest segment in global biodegradable packaging market, followed by beverages end-use industry in 2016 and the trend is expected to continue in the following years. Starch and polylactic acid (PLA) are the major biodegradable product types used in the food packaging. The rapid increase in non-biodegradable food packaging waste has caused adverse environmental concerns. This has led to the development of polymers made from renewable resources for food packaging. The key manufacturers are now introducing biodegradable and sustainable forms of packaging to cater to the growing demand for eco-friendly packaging products. The Coca Cola Company launched its Plant Bottle, which is partially made from bio-based plastics, while Danone is using PLA for its yoghurt cups.
Europe dominated the global biodegradable packaging market in 2016 and the trend is expected to remain the same during 2017-2025. This is due to the various factors such as increasing environmental awareness among consumers, strict implementation of environment friendly laws and growing R&D activities in developing bioplastics by key manufactures. The European Union has passed a strict resolution to reduce overall consumption of thin plastic bags in the region by around 80% by 2019, which in turn is expected to create major growth opportunities for biodegradable plastics & paper manufacturers over the following years. However, the reduction in the usage of conventional plastic bags is expected to directly boost the consumption of biodegradable plastic bags in malls, retail outlets and loose packaging applications. North America is the second-most dominant region in the global biodegradable packaging market and the market in the region is expected to experience a CAGR of 23.0% in terms of volume, during the forecast period. The increased cost-competitiveness of biodegradable polymers, growing support from authorities for addressing solid waste disposal needs, and increasing public awareness on the environmental issues related to conventional packaging waste are the major factors for making North America as the second largest region in the global biodegradable packaging market.
This report segments the global biodegradable packaging market on the basis of product types and application. On the basis of product types, the market is segmented as plastic (starch, cellulose, polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA), polylactic acid (PLA), and others) and paper (Kraft, flexible, corrugated, and box board). On the basis of end-use industry, the global biodegradable packaging market is segmented into food, beverages, pharmaceutical, personal/homecare, and others. Moreover, plastic packaging is the largest product segment, accounting for over 75.0% share of the global biodegradable packaging market in 2016, while, paper packaging is projected to be the fastest growing product segment and expected to grow at a CAGR of 23.0% in terms of volume during the forecasted period.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global biodegradable packaging market and provides market size (US$ Million), kilotons (KT) and Cumulative Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) (%) for the forecast period (2017-2025), considering 2016 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides valuable insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategy adopted by the leading players
- The report takes into account the various product types of biodegradable packaging involved in manufacturing different types of plastic (starch, cellulose, polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA), polylactic acid (PLA), and others) and paper (Kraft, flexible, corrugated, and box board) analyzing the market value and growth (%) during the forecast period
- It includes insights on the largest technology used to manufacture different types of biodegradable packaging across the globe
- It profiles leading players in the global biodegradable packaging market based on the following parameters company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments, and strategies and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include BASF SE, Smurfit Kappa Group, Mondi Group, Rocktenn, Stora Enso, Clearwater Paper Corporation, Amcor, Novamont S.P.A., Rocktenn, Kruger Inc., Smurfit Kappa Group, Reynolds Group Holding Limited, and International Corp.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions with respect to their future product launch, technology upgrade, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global biodegradable packaging market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry, including investors, raw material manufacturer, product manufacturer, end-users, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would greatly benefit in decision making through the various strategy matrices used in analyzing the biodegradable packaging market
Continue Reading the Full Report at: https://decisionmarketreports.com/market-reports/981705/biodegradable-packaging-market
Key Companies Profiles:
Smurfit Kappa Group
Clearwater Paper Corporation
Smurfit Kappa Group
Reynolds Group Holding Limited
Global Biodegradable Packaging Market, By Product Type:
Global Biodegradable Packaging Market, By End-Use Industry:
Global Animal Feed Additives Market, By Geography:
Decision Market Reports is a one-stop solution, covers market research studies of all the industries, companies and regions. DMR aims at providing quality research, and insights about every market to help our clients in taking right decisions. Our repository consists of most trending industry reports, niche areas, and leading company profiles. A comprehensive collection of reports is updated daily to offer hassle-free access to our latest updated report databases.
Decision Market Reports,
304 S Jones Blvd,
NV 89107, USA
Call: 1-800-526-8630 (Toll Free)
Email: [email protected]